Let’s face it. It’s been a long, cold and snowy winter in New Brighton. It’s time to look forward to warmer days and summer fun. Over the next 3 weeks, we’ll highlight some of the amazing summer activities that the City of New Brighton has in store. Check back every Monday for a new installment in the Spring Meltdown Series and get the most out of your summer in New Brighton.
Safety Camp is a great way for kids to learn valuable safety information in a fun and exciting setting! New Brighton Parks & Recreation and Public Safety departments will host a full day of safety training and information provided by local professionals. Safety Camp provides children with the knowledge and skills needed to keep them safe and secure.
Safety Camp will cover the following topics and more!
- Health Injury Prevention – Allina Health
- Know Your Address – Ramsey County
- Fire Kitchen Demonstrations – Public Safety
- Appearance by McGruff – Public Safety
- Cyber Bullying – Cornerstone
- Understanding Pet Language – Animal Human Society
- Power Tower – Excel Energy
- Minnesota Poison Control – Hennepin Healthcare
- Zero Abuse Project – Empower Me! – Jacob Wetterling Resource Center
- Weather Safety – KSTP Channel 5 Meteorologist Nicole Mitchell
A BIG thanks to our sponsors for supporting Safety Camp:
- Lion’s Club
- Aeries 3718 Eagles Club
- Mary Lynn Ditsch
- HR Brooks