Job Title: Police Officer - Lateral/Experienced
Salary range: Starting salary range is up to $94,764 annually
Location: Public Safety Department
Department: Public Safety
The City of New Brighton welcomes applications from current police officers for lateral transfers. We are offering a $5,000 hiring bonus to candidates who have been employed as a full-time police officer within the last 12-months, with at least one-year of full-time licensed police officer experience. Applicants must successfully complete the expedited interview evaluation process, background check, psychological evaluation, and medical exam that are required for this position.
Essential Accountabilities and Expected Outcomes
- Reads, learns and applies the laws, ordinances, policies, rules and other materials required to perform all assigned accountabilities of the position.
- A good working knowledge is demonstrated and applied when performing assigned duties.
- Performs a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Maintaining order, enforcing State laws and City ordinances, and protecting life and property.
- Assisting in investigating and/or preventing criminal offenses, accidents and other problem areas.
- Apprehending and controlling offenders.
- Responding to medical emergencies and applying appropriate first aid and/or CPR.
- Preparing reports that include facts, analysis, and recommendations for action.
- There is consistent compliance with General Orders and any other policies, protocols and procedures that are to be followed in performing assigned duties.
- Sound, consistent judgment and problem-solving skills are exercised when dealing with widely differing and diverse circumstances, conditions and individuals or groups.
- Assigned duties and responsibilities are handled in a manner that creates good will and positive community relations for the department and City.
- Performs other job related responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
Typical Physical Requirements for This Position:
Must pass a regular physical exam, firearms proficiency testing and maintain the stamina and strength to perform assigned duties in any combination of hazards due to weather, time-of-day, topography, risk factors, etc.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position:
- Must successfully pass a background investigation and complete a one-year probationary period.
*THIS POST WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED*
Download Job Description