Job Title: Lead Guest Services Receptionist
Salary range: $18.53 - $20.38 /hour
Location: New Brighton Community Center
Department: Parks & Recreation
Hours: Part Time
Lead Guest Service Receptionist
Department / Location: Parks and Recreation / New Brighton Community Center
Full Salary Range: $18.53 - $20.38/hour (DOQ)
Position Status: Part-Time Non-Exempt
Hour: Permanent Part Time Position – 20 hours per week
Proposed Work Hours: Friday 1:30 pm-10:00 pm, Sunday 10:45 am-5:15 pm and Monday 2:00 pm-7:30
This is a non-exempt/non-union position (Overtime Eligible)
Community Center Division:
The Community Center Division is responsible for managing and providing oversight to the Community Center programs, membership, meetings and events.
To provide a variety of customer service related activities and complete various transactions for patrons that contact the New Brighton Parks and Recreation Department.
To assist City and facility staff with customer needs and complete office support or light housekeeping responsibilities as scheduled or requested.
1. Welcomes walk-in customers and answers callers' inquiries, completing and entering program registration and membership transactions into the appropriate database.
- Welcoming and friendly customer service with considerable ability to deal effectively with the public and to promote the department as the first point of contact that contributes to repeat and increased use of the New Brighton Community Center and other City recreational services.
- Cashiering and receipting of all fees, daily reconciliation, and processing of daily use passes, membership cards are scanned promptly, accurately, and according to the approved cash handling procedures.
- Database information is accurate and readily available to help determine program utilization and facilitate program planning.
- Facility staff is alerted to customer questions or needs and are provided with the information needed to plan and run their respective programs and events.
2. Troubleshoots, recommends solutions and fixes guest service issues.
- Communicates to supervisor issues/problems with department policies and procedures that effect customers, and provides potential solutions.
- Anticipates/discovers problems with registration information or point of sale issues before they happen, and recommends solutions to the problems.
3. Assists supervisor in staff hiring, training and coaching.
- Sit in on interviews for Guest Service Representative.
- Ensure new hire employees have completed the guest service training checklist by thoroughly showing them each process.
- Consistent communication with guest service representatives on policy change.
- Collaborate with supervisor in preparation of all staff training/meetings six times a year, including items to cover, how to best prepare materials and help with set-up and tear-down.
4. Performs various office support duties and housekeeping tasks as scheduled or requested.
- Department staff can rely on prompt and accurate completion of assigned office support work and regular housekeeping contributes to a safe and neat facility.
- Alertness to potential loss/theft areas and safety hazards contributes to overall customer satisfaction and care of the facility.
- Inputs data into Excel spreadsheets and track coupons
5 Completes established opening and security check protocols for the New Brighton Community Center as scheduled.
- The facility is open and ready for operations and services as scheduled.
- The guest service desk is closed effectively and ready for operations the next morning.
6. Performs other job-related responsibilities as apparent or assigned.
Competencies and/or Values Common to All Positions:
- Developing and maintaining a thorough working knowledge of all department and applicable City policies and procedures in order to help facilitate compliance with such policies and procedures by all personnel.
- Demonstrating by personal example the service excellence and integrity expected from all staff.
- Developing respectful and cooperative relationships with co-workers, including willing assistance to newer staff so job responsibilities can be performed with confidence as quickly as possible.
- Conferring regularly with and keeping the immediate supervisor informed of all important matters pertaining to those functions and job responsibilities for which accountable.
- Representing the City in a professional manner to the general public and other outside contacts /constituencies in a manner that helps maintain and enhance New Brighton's reputation as a well-managed City.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position:
-High School Diploma or GED.-Minimum of two years’ experience as a cashier in a customer service environment.
-Minimum of two years’ experience with programs in the Microsoft Office suite.
-Minimum of six months’ work experience with data entry.
-First Aid/CPR certification within six months of hire.
-Such alternatives to the above qualifications that the City find appropriate or acceptable.
Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the City may find appropriate and acceptable.
-Ability to communicate with the public in a courteous and tactful manner, which projects a favorable image of the City of New
-Considerable typing experience, including letters, flyers, reports, etc.
-Excellent written and verbal skills.
-Ability to exercise independent judgment with upper-level clerical responsibility.
Qualified candidates may request an application packet from the City of New Brighton, 803 Old Highway 8, New Brighton, Minnesota 55112 or by calling 651-638-2100. Please contact Devin Massopust, Assistant City Manager, if you have any questions at 651-638-2046.