Job Title: Events and Administration Coordinator - PT
Salary range: $22.58 - $28.23 per hour
Location: New Brighton Community Center
Department: Parks & Recreation
Hours: Permanent Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Community Center Division:
The Community Center Division is responsible for managing and providing oversight to the Community Center programs, membership, meetings and events.
To provide excellent customer service while scheduling reservations and events for the New Brighton Parks and Recreation Department meeting and events facilities in a proactive, methodical, and customer-friendly way that encourages the use of the City’s facilities. This position also provides critical administrative support to the department.
1) Plans, develops, schedules, and coordinates meetings, events, and group use. Communicates and enforces established policies and rules
2) Coordinate event and meeting facility usage and reservations by marketing, scheduling, and implementing events
3) Cashiering and receipting of all fees, processing of daily use passes, membership cards are scanned promptly, accurately, and according to the approved cash handling procedures
4) Develops and maintains rental schedules utilizing computerized scheduling software that maximizes facility usage
5) Retrieves and balances money drops from safe
6) Assists in preparing and submitting operating budget information covering those programs, activities, events and operations for which accountable to the Facilities Manager for inclusion in the City’s operating and capital improvement budget
7) Perform various office support tasks as assigned
8) Complete special programs and projects as assigned
9) Problem solver with the ability to tackle a problem by using logical, systematic, sequential approach; make a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives; notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in available information; identifies a set of features, parameters, or considerations to take into account, in analyzing a situation or making a decision
10) Responds to accidents and/or emergencies in a calm and controlled manner
11) Perform other job-related responsibilities as apparent or assigned
Competencies and/or Values Common to All Positions:
City of New Brighton Core Values that are Common to All Positions:
Represent and model the following established City of New Brighton Values:
Typical Working Environment:
Work is typically performed in an inside, temperature-controlled environment.
Typical Physical Requirements for This Position:
There will be some moving and/or lifting of materials and/or equipment, typically <30 lbs, when assisting with room set up and maintenance.
Selection Criteria to Qualify for This Position:
Or, such alternatives to the above qualifications as the City may find appropriate and acceptable.Apply Online Download Application