Job Title: Group Fitness Instructor
Salary range: $21.09- $37.19
Department: Parks & Recreation
Parks & Recreation / New Brighton Community Center
Open until filled
Instructs quality group fitness classes, provides excellent customer service to members in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment that promotes member wellness in accordance with NBCC policies and procedures.
Currently seeking Group Fitness and Silver Sneakers instructors.
- Plans and provides group fitness classes as one component of a fitness program.
- Assumes a leadership role as a professional in the area of exercise and aerobics.
- Encourage participants to continue with exercises and make healthy choices as part of the group fitness program.
- Promotes participation in membership, group fitness, aquatics and personal training services.
- Communicates regularly with the Recreation Supervisor on current utilization patterns, trends and fees generated by the group fitness program.
- Performs other program related responsibilities as directed by the Recreation Supervisor.
- Certification in Health and Wellness programming and at least one year of experience planning and instructing group fitness or aquatic activities.
- Accredited National Certification: American Council on Exercise (ACE), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), National Exercise Trainers Association (NETA).
- Current CPR/AED and First Aid certification required within 60 days of hire.
- Current SilverSneakers certification required to teach for all SilverSneakers classes.
- Specialty certifications (SilverSneakers, Yoga, Zumba, Water Exercise, Tai Chi) preferred, but not required.
- Or, such alternatives to the above qualifications as the City may find appropriate and acceptable.
Applications must be filled out completely and returned to the below address:
400 10th St. NW
New Brighton, MN 55112