The City of New Brighton has many wonderful residents who take great pride in their city, community and their respective neighborhoods. The Department of Community and Asset Development (DCAD) takes information and follows up all year round on nuisance concerns, especially on those meant to keep New Brighton beautiful and safe. New Brighton staff does not perform proactive inspections, so information from community members informs staff in regards to all code compliance issues. All city code information can be found at http://www.newbrightonmn.gov/about/city-council/city-codes/. There are a handful of common code violations that occur throughout the year, and one of the main ones is garbage/recycling can placement.
A few things to know:
- a resident may not have garbage & recycling cans in front of the house
- bins MAY be placed on the side of the house, even if they are visible from the street
- corrective orders may be issued if bins are not in the correct location
- a resident’s information is never made public if a complaint is made
- New Brighton accepts anonymous complaints
- all complaints are investigated, not all are found to be in violation of city code
To report concerns, please contact Code Compliance Inspector Scott Gigrich at 651-638-2061 or firstname.lastname@example.org.