First Time Passport Applicant
First Time Passport Applicant:
An appointment is required and each applicant must appear in person.
Form DS-11 will be used if any of the following are true:
- You are a first time applicant
- You are under the age of 18
- Your previous passport was issued over 15 years ago
- Your previous passport was issued when you were under the age of 16
- Your previous passport is badly damaged, lost, or stolen
- Your previous passport was in a different name and you are unable to submit proper documentation to reflect the name change
- Your previous passport was a limited validity passport
The following are the requirements for first time passport applicants:
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form (single-sided with black ink*)
- Applicant’s full Social Security number required on form
- Proof of citizenship (copy and original required)
- Proof of identity (front and back copy and original required)
- Passport photo—one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office for $15.
- Passport fees—each applicant should have separate checks payable to the U.S. Department of State and the City of New Brighton.
- U.S. Department of State fee: Check or money order only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- A separate check is required for each application
- City of New Brighton fee: Check, money order, or cash only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- All returned checks payable to the City of New Brighton are subject to a $30.00 charge.
*Applications MUST be filled out in black ink. If pencil or another color is used, you will be required to fill out a new application.