New Brighton Passport Office
As an Acceptance Facility offering passport services we are open by appointment Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Although an appointment is recommended we do accept walk-ins upon availability. Those who simply need a photo such as for a DS-82 Passport Renewal
are welcome to walk in.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants must schedule an appointment and apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility; however, there are also special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos: Printed and digital photos available!
Passport photos must meet US Department of State requirements and can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office. Currently, we offer printed passport photos but now offer digital passport photos as well! No appointment is required for photo-only requests. Below are other uses for passport photos:
- Immigration documents
- ID cards
- International driver's licenses
- Security badges
- Press releases