New Brighton Passport Office
As an Acceptance Facility offering passport services we are open by appointment only Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Due to COVID-19 we are now an appointment only facility however, same day appointments are typically available! Please note that there are currently significant delays in processing times and therefore expedite services are not available.
As of July 25, 2020, per the Governor's Executive Order 20-81, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all public indoor spaces and businesses. We will be enforcing this Order. For details visit the MN Department of Health Website. Please note restrooms and drinking fountains will not be available.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants must schedule an appointment and apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility; however, there are also special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos
Please make note of the following requirements for a first-time adult passport application:
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form (with black ink)
- Applicant’s full Social Security number required on form
- Proof of citizenship (copy and original required)
- Proof of identity (front and back copy and original required)
- Passport photo—one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office for $15.
- Passport fees—each applicant should have separate checks payable to the U.S. Department of State and the City of New Brighton.
- U.S. Department of State fee: Check or money order only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- A separate check is required for each application
- City of New Brighton fee: Check, money order, or cash only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- All returned checks payable to the City of New Brighton are subject to a $30.00 charge.
For passport questions or concerns you may visit travel.state.gov or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 1-888-874-7793.