City of New Brighton Passport Office
As an Acceptance Facility offering passport services we are open Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm by appointment with walk-ins as available.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants must apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility; however, there are also special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos
Please make note of the following requirements for a first-time adult passport application:
- All applicants must be ready to apply in person at least a half hour prior to closing to assure enough processing time.
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form (with black ink)
- Applicant’s full Social Security number required on form
- Proof of citizenship (front and back copy and original required)
- Proof of identity (front and back copy and original required)
- Passport photo—one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office for $15.
- Passport fees—each applicant should have separate checks payable to the U.S. Department of State and the City of New Brighton.