The City of New Brighton is implementing enhanced safety measures to limit the potential for community transmission of COVID-19.
Therefore, we will be closing all of our facilities to public access through the end of April.
For all passport questions or concerns please visit travel.state.gov or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 1-888-874-7793.
City of New Brighton Passport Office
As an Acceptance Facility offering passport services we are open Monday through Friday 9 am - 5 pm by appointment with walk-ins as available. We are also open Saturdays 9 am - 1 pm for walk-ins only.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants must apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility; however, there are also special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos
Please make note of the following requirements for a first-time adult passport application:
- All applicants must be ready to apply in person at least a half hour prior to closing to assure enough processing time.
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form (with black ink)
- Applicant’s full Social Security number required on form
- Proof of citizenship (front and back copy and original required)
- Proof of identity (front and back copy and original required)
- Passport photo—one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office for $15.
- Passport fees—each applicant should have separate checks payable to the U.S. Department of State and the City of New Brighton.