New Brighton Passport Office
As an Acceptance Facility offering passport services we are open by appointment only Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm and Saturdays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm. Due to COVID-19 we are now an appointment only facility however, same day appointments are typically available! Expediting is also now available for $60 with a 4-6 week turnaround!
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. A passport has two forms:
- Passport Book - can be used for all air, land and sea travel.
- Passport Card - can be used to travel to and return from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda at land border crossing or sea ports-of-entry. The Passport card can also be used to board aircraft for domestic travel, but cannot be used for international air travel.
To apply for a passport book or card, all applicants must schedule an appointment and apply in person at an authorized Passport Acceptance Facility; however, there are also special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos
Please make note of the following requirements for a first-time adult passport application:
- Completed DS-11 Passport Application Form (single-sided with black ink)
- Applicant’s full Social Security number required on form
- Proof of citizenship (copy and original required)
- Proof of identity (front and back copy and original required)
- Passport photo—one 2 inch by 2 inch color photo with a solid white background. Photos can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office for $15.
- Passport fees—each applicant should have separate checks payable to the U.S. Department of State and the City of New Brighton.
- U.S. Department of State fee: Check or money order only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- A separate check is required for each application
- City of New Brighton fee: Check, money order, or cash only. Credit/debit cards NOT accepted.
- All returned checks payable to the City of New Brighton are subject to a $30.00 charge.
For passport questions or concerns you may visit travel.state.gov or contact the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 1-888-874-7793.