Fitness Class Schedules Now Exclusively Online
- Group fitness classes are open to the public.
- Healthwave, SilverSneakers, Silver&Fit, and Healthy Contributions members can register FREE of charge.
- Basic or non-members paying for classes a la carte- $5 off registration 28 days prior to the start of a class.
- All fitness levels welcome. Instructors make form corrections for safety and effectiveness. Modifications are made for inclusiveness.
- Specialty classes, workshops, and small group training may have additional fees.
- Choose the Health Wave Membership which includes access to the Fitness Center, track, gymnasium, Highview Middle School Pool for open lap swims, select group fitness classes (including water aerobics) and the Eagles Nest Indoor Playground.
- CPR/AED First Aid classes can be found in the Adult Activities.
To view Group Fitness classes, click the link below. Then, in the column on the left side of your screen, select Group Fitness.
New Brighton Parks & Recreations Brings you Pop Up Fitness August 26-September 15.
New Brighton Community Center will be closed for annual maintenance Monday-Labor Day, September 2-Friday, September 6. The Gymnasium and Fitness Studio Floors will be resurfaced August 26-September 15. The building will re-open for Fitness Center use only on Saturday, September 8 at 8:00am.
We want you to remain active so we are bringing you a special fitness series that will challenge you with functional day to day living fun, heightened coordination, cardio, strength and cognitive awareness through exciting exercise brought to you by your NBCC Fitness Crew!
Hansen Park Neighborhood Center: Bring a towel, water, and a yoga mat. Classes held in neighborhood center if weather does not cooperate.
Cardio & Core: Instructor, Kathy McNeely
- Tuesday, September 3, 10:15-11:15am
- Tuesday, September 10, 10:15-11:15am
- Thursday, September 5, 10:15-11:15am
- Thursday, September 12, 10:15-11:15am
Enjoy the fun of using the park and its playground equipment at any fitness level, bringing a renewed excitement to your old workout.
AOA Fitness: Instructor, Deb Faust
- Monday, August 26, 9-10am
- Monday, September 9, 9-10am
- Wednesday, August 28, 9-10am
- Wednesday, September 11, 9-10am
Enjoy a variety of exercises designed to increase muscular strength, range of movement and activities for daily life. Chairs may be used for balance.
Cardio Lite: Instructor, Deb Faust
- Tuesday, September 10, 9-10am
- Thursday, August 29, 9-10am
- Thursday, September 12, 9-10am
Increase mobility and wok on balance by using your own body weight during this low impact cardio class. No chairs or weights will be use.
Mat Pilates: Instructor, Deb Faust
- Monday, August 26, 4:30-5:30pm
- Monday, September 9, 4:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, August 28, 4:30-5:30pm
- Wednesday, September 11, 4:30-5:30pm
Condition your powerhouse muscles and increase flexibility while taking in the sights and sounds of nature. Bring your own mat.
Cardio Strength: Instructor, Deb Faust
- Tuesday, September 10, 5:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, August 29, 5:30-6:30pm
- Thursday, September 12, 5:30-6:30pm
Join us for a cardio and strength fitness class using playground equipment and body weight exercises while enjoying the outdoors for functional fitness. All levels welcome!
Tai Chi: Instructor, Hongyi Lan
- Wednesday, August 28, 8-9am
- Friday, August 30, 8-9am
Accessible mind-body practice for soothing stress and maximizing functional fitness.
The continuous improvement to participant health and wellbeing is essential! We would like to hear from you regarding how a staff member or the community center has helped you. Send your feedback directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions on Fitness & Personal Training services, contact:
Lori Hokenson 651-638-2124
New Brighton Parks & Recreation Brochure
New Brighton Parks and Recreation is dedicated to delivering parks and recreation services that improve the quality of life in New Brighton. We welcome residents and non-residents to participate in our year-round recreation programs which include classes, trips, team sports, and sports instruction for youth, adults, and families. Check out our latest brochure to get the current program offerings!