Keeping Busy Durng COVID-19 Social Distancing
With school, community center and activity closures and cancellations, many of us are spending more time at home and practicing social distancing. We wanted to pull together some resources to keep you and your family busy during this time at home. This list will continue to grow and change so check back in frequently for new ideas!
Make sure to check out the CDC guidance on How to Protect Yourself during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Social Distance Friendly Activities:
- Local musician, The Jolly Pops, will be hosting Facebook Live concerts every day at 10:30 am! Their interactive songs will get kids up and dancing!
- Check out the Minnesota DNR Eagle Cam The eggs are due to hatch any day now!
- Ever wanted your favorite celebrity to read you a bedtime story? Look no further! Storyline Online has dozens of books read to you by celebrities such as Kristen Bell, Oprah Winfrey and Betty White.
- Create a window display or chalk artwork with a positive message to brighten your neighbors day!
- Check out this Time article for helpful hints for keeping kiddos busy.
- Social distancing doesn't mean you need to stay inside. Go for a walk or head to a neighborhood playground. Be sure to bring hand sanitizer and/or wash hands after playing on playground equipment.
- Go for a bike ride around your neighborhood.
- Make folded paper bracelets. These bracelets are a great craft for siblings to work on together and only require paper and paint, markers or crayons.
- All you need is some vinegar and baking soda for a whole lot of educational fun with these colorful kitchen volcanoes!
- Make a collage! Pull out all your old magazines, ads, glue sticks, and scissors and create whatever you want!
- Make a fort! All you need are some blankets, pillows and imagination to create a special cozy indoor hiding place, perfect for reading, napping or playing. Pro tip: incorporate twinkle lights or flashlights to take your fort to the next level.