Access to City & Business Services during COVID-19 Closure

Access to City & Business Services during the Closure

The City of New Brighton remains open for business as it continues providing essential community services. We anticipate no interruption in the delivery of core services for public safety and public works, including law enforcement, firefighting, and emergency medical response, along with safe drinking water, sanitary sewer operation, and infrastructure maintenance. However, public access to our facilities will be temporarily suspended until further notice.

City employees in all municipal departments will continue working and remain available via telephone and email for resident assistance.

Resources For Businesses

The City of New Brighton is participating in a grant program that makes funding available to New Brighton small businesses.  Funds can be used for operating expenses such as rent, utilities, marketing and more.  Learn More

In response to the business closures due to COVID-19, the City of New Brighton will keep an updated list of resources that can assist local businesses through the closures and re-openings. 

Resources For Residents

The City of New Brighton is participating in a grant program that makes funding available to New Brighton residents that have experienced a loss of income related to the COVID-19 pandemic.  The goal is to assist them in payment of past due mortgage or rent.  Learn More

Ramsey County’s COVID-19 Racial Equity Community Engagement Team (RECERT) will host the 2nd  A mask for everyone distribution and donation event on Saturday, October 24, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. at SEAR Parking Lot, 358 Marion St, St Paul, MN, 55103.

Metro Transit will be changing bus services starting Sept. 12th.  Learn More

See if you qualify for COVID-19 housing assistance.  Minnesota COVID-19 Housing Assistance Pre-application.

COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program

Ramsey County Job Board - For job seekers and employers.

Mortgage assistance programs from the State of MN.

Mortgage, rent and utility assistance programs from Ramsey County.

Financial Assistance Through Ramsey County

Public Safety

If you have a police, fire, or medical emergency, call 9-1-1.

While the Public Safety Center walk-in counter is temporarily unavailable, please note the following service changes:

  • To File a Police Report:  call Dispatch at 651-767-0640 and a Police Officer will call you back
  • To Get a Vehicle Release:  go to Freeway Towing – 299 5th Ave SW, New Brighton – 651-633-5525
  • To Request a Copy of a Police Report:  call 651-288-4100 or email your request to
  • Permit to Purchase: Click here for application
  • To Pick Up Property/Evidence:  call Sgt. Moore 651-288-4126

Services Not Available During Closure:

  • Fingerprinting

Utility Billing

For information on utility billing, moving in or out, or how to pay a bill, please visit the Utility Billing webpage or call 651-638-2101.

License Bureau

All License Bureau services will resume Monday, May 18. Due to COVID-19 there are several new changes in the delivery of our services. We urge you to visit the License Bureau webpage before your next visit.


The Passport office will resume services Monday, May 4th with a new appointment scheduler! However, we are now an appointment only facility, no walk-ins. Please visit the Passport webpage for more information.

Community Center

The Community Center Fitness Center is open for members only. Click here for more information.

Eagles Nest

The Eagles Nest will remain closed to the public until further notice. If you have a birthday party scheduled, you will have the choice of either rescheduling your party for another date or receiving a refund. You will be hearing from an NBCC representative or you may contact Jen Dorn with questions. Click here for more information.

Building Permits & Inspections

Code Enforcement

Requests for Action can be registered via the City’s website by clicking here.

Planning and Zoning

Staff will be available during regular business hours to answer your questions.  Please call 651-638 2100 and we’d be happy to help.

Community Resources

The City of New Brighton has created a Community Resource Group. Call 651-638-2177 or fill out this form if you need assistance. 

Visit the Ralph Reeder Food Shelf website for information on how to donate food/money or how you can access its services.

The Neighbors in Need Network connects healthy, willing and able community members with neighbors home bound or in isolation for any reason.

Ramsey County

Coronavirus Impacts on County Services

COVID-19 Ramsey County Business Resources