Sexual Assault Response Collaboration
The New Brighton Department of Public Safety is part of the Ramsey County Sexual Assault Response Collaboration that provides a detailed set of reforms and improvements in how system responders collaborate to better serve the victims of sexual assault. As a part of this collaboration, significant additional investigative, prosecution and public health advocates have been allocated into agencies throughout Ramsey County. These resources have recently paved the way for law enforcement to include victim advocates from Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health's SOS Sexual Violence Services as a part of their investigations and for law enforcement to have an assigned prosecutor to be involved much earlier in the process.
- Ramsey County Attorney’s Office
- Saint Paul - Ramsey County Public Health
- Maplewood Police Department
- Mounds View Police Department
- New Brighton Department of Public Safety
- North Saint Paul Police Department
- Ramsey County Sheriff’s Office
- Roseville Police Department
- Saint Anthony Village Police Department
- Saint Paul Police Department
- White Bear Lake Police Department
- Law enforcement will invite advocates to all investigative interviews with victim/survivors of sexual assault.
- Law enforcement will provide training for all patrol officers on sexual violence to promote a victim centered response to reports of sexual assault.
- Law enforcement will conduct in-person investigative interviews with victim/survivors of sexual assault, following best practices for a trauma-informed approach.
- A better tracking system of sexual assaults will be created by law enforcement and prosecution so that cases do not slip through the cracks.
- Investigators and prosecutors will improve collaboration to increase numbers of cases charged in Ramsey County, bringing more perpetrators to justice.
Non-Emergency 651-767-0640 Reports/Towed Vehicles 651-288-4100