How do I start or stop service?

It is important to note that the utility charges are the responsibility of the property owner no matter who is living there. It is a good idea to make sure any past due utility charges are addressed by your title company or real estate agent.

When buying or selling a home in New Brighton, notify us of the change by using the moving form or calling the Finance Department at 651-638-2101. A final meter reading will be scheduled on or near the closing date. Once the final read is taken, a final bill will be processed for the former owner. After this bill has been prepared, the new owner's information will be added to the account. If it is a new home, the Utility Billing staff will make sure the account is created and the billing started.

Show All Answers

1. Why is there a $125 "No Read Fee" on my bill?
2. How is my meter read?
3. What are the utility billing payment options?
4. What are the utility rates for 2024?
5. When is the winter quarter for my billing district? (Residential properties only)
6. How do I start or stop service?
7. When can I water my lawn?
8. Why did I get a letter saying my utilities will be certified to my taxes?
9. How can I tell if I have a water leak?
10. How can I reduce my water usage?
11. How do I know if I'm signed up for Automatic Clearing House (ACH) Autopay?