I've sold a vehicle - how do I report the sale?

Sellers Notice of SaleWe highly recommend stopping in with your buyer to ensure the transfer of your vehicle; however, we understand that is not always convenient. Before giving the buyer the title, have the buyer fully complete the "Seller’s Notice of Sale" located at the bottom of the Minnesota title and keep it for your record. You can then complete a report of sale online under Driver Services. You may also stop in and we can report the sale online as well.

Show All Answers

1. I lost my Minnesota title: how can I get a new one?
2. How do I request a duplicate set of vehicle registration tabs?
3. How do I request a new set of plates?
4. I don't have my renewal notice: can I still buy tabs?
5. I just moved here from out of state: what do I need to register my vehicle?
6. I paid off my car loan and have a lien release - now what?
7. How much does it cost to transfer a vehicle?
8. What do you accept for insurance on title transfers and tab renewals?
9. How can I find out what I paid last year for my tabs?
10. I've sold a vehicle - how do I report the sale?
11. Can I transfer my special plate now?
12. How can I reach the state with addition driver/vehicle questions?