I don't have my renewal notice: can I still buy tabs?


If you are the registered owner, come in with your ID, plate number and valid insurance information and we will issue you a registration card with your vehicle registration tabs.

If you are purchasing tabs for someone else without their renewal notice you will need to have an Authorization Form (PDF) completed along with a live ink signature by the owner.

Electronic insurance information is accepted.

Show All Answers

1. I lost my Minnesota title: how can I get a new one?
2. How do I request a duplicate set of vehicle registration tabs?
3. How do I request a new set of plates?
4. I don't have my renewal notice: can I still buy tabs?
5. I just moved here from out of state: what do I need to register my vehicle?
6. I paid off my car loan and have a lien release - now what?
7. How much does it cost to transfer a vehicle?
8. What do you accept for insurance on title transfers and tab renewals?
9. How can I find out what I paid last year for my tabs?
10. I've sold a vehicle - how do I report the sale?
11. Can I transfer my special plate now?
12. How can I reach the state with addition driver/vehicle questions?