I lost my Minnesota title: how can I get a new one?

Complete a Duplicate Title Application (PDF) before you come in. If necessary, we can look up the owner with a driver's license or vehicle plate number.

In many circumstances, duplicate titles may be available for issuance right away in-office.

For further information visit the Department of Public Safety (DPS) website or call the DPS at 651-297-2126.

Show All Answers

1. I lost my Minnesota title: how can I get a new one?
2. How do I request a duplicate set of vehicle registration tabs?
3. How do I request a new set of plates?
4. I don't have my renewal notice: can I still buy tabs?
5. I just moved here from out of state: what do I need to register my vehicle?
6. I paid off my car loan and have a lien release - now what?
7. How much does it cost to transfer a vehicle?
8. What do you accept for insurance on title transfers and tab renewals?
9. How can I find out what I paid last year for my tabs?
10. I've sold a vehicle - how do I report the sale?
11. Can I transfer my special plate now?
12. How can I reach the state with addition driver/vehicle questions?