- Must be able to read, write, and speak in English
- Must have resided in MN for at least 20 days
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must be eligible to vote in the State of Minnesota**
- Cannot be the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of another election judge serving in the same precinct at the same time
- Cannot be a candidate or the spouse, parent, child, or sibling of any candidate on the ballot at that precinct
16 and 17 year olds may serve as election judge trainees.
- Ability to communicate clearly with voters
- Ability to document election activities clearly in writing
- Willingness to assist and serve a diverse population
- Ability to remain impartial and not exert influence over voters
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to perform general math skills
If you meet these requirements, you may be eligible to serve as an Election Judge. You do not have to be a resident of New Brighton, an active member of a political party, a member of a Board or Commission, have previous volunteer experience etc. In fact, serving as an Election Judge is a great way to get more involved in the community and boost your resume!