There are multiple resources available in the Twin Cities to assist you with rental housing issues and challenges.
- HOME Line-- HOME Line can help with evictions and connect you with an attorney. Free and low-cost services for renters include:
HOME Line services are available in the following languages:
- HousingLink – HousingLink can help you identify affordable rental housing vacancies and waiting list openings throughout the Twin Cities.
- United Way (2-1-1) First Call for Help. – United Way 2-1-1 provides free and confidential health and human services information for people in Minnesota. They have resources available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to connect you with the resources and information you need.
- Community Action Partnership of Ramsey County – Community Action Partnership of Ramsey and Washington counties is a private, 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization that offers a variety of services and programs to people living in poverty in Ramsey and Washington counties.
- Ramsey County Emergency Assistance – Emergency Assistance is available through Ramsey County for those who are struggling to pay for rent, housing costs and utilities.
- Sustainable Resources Center | Weatherization & Lead Control – Sustainable Resources Center, Inc. (SRC) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to advancing the cause of healthy homes. Our mission is to create healthy and energy-efficient home environments in partnership with families and communities.
- Family Housing Fund – The Family Housing Fund does not provide direct services, but they continually maintain a list of resources for renters and people seeking housing.
- Amherst H. Wilder Foundation Supportive Housing Services – Wilder helps young adults and families experiencing homelessness achieve independence and stability using a housing first model.
- Minnesota Department of Human Services – apply for emergency aid
- Minnesota Homeownership Center – Long-term homeownership builds wealth. The Minnesota Homeownership Center offers free advisor services and other resources to help you buy a home, and one-on-one help to prevent foreclosure when times are tough.
- Minnesota Housing – The State of Minnesota’s central location for information on buying a home, finding a lender, and general homebuyer/homeowner education.