Thank you for doing business in the City of New Brighton. We appreciate everything your business brings to our community and we want to offer you as many resources and valuable information as we can to help you succeed. Please fill out our contact form to receive important city updates, grant opportunities, and or be paired with a city liaison from our Economic Development Committee (EDC) to help you achieve your business goals.
Economic Development Committee
This Commission advises the Council on matters concerning industrial and commercial development for the city. This commission meets the first Wednesday of each month at 7:30 am at City Hall. All EDC meetings are open to the public and are streamed live on the City website. Meeting materials and video recordings of meetings are available for download free of charge. Learn more about the EDC.
- County Use of ARP Funds - On October 15, TCN is hosting a program about the intended uses of ARP funds for businesses.
- Main Street COVID Relief Grant Program - Available in grants for Minnesotan-owned and operated businesses that can demonstrate financial hardship due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The second round of Paycheck Protection Program Loans beginning January 13, 2021
- The State Small Business Credit Initiative Minnesota is expected to receive at least $75 million for state small business financing support. Applications are due December 11th, 2021
- Small Business Administration Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Low-interest, long-term Economic Injury Disaster Loans for up to $2 million: The first payment is deferred for 12 months. The application has been simplified and can be completed 100% online through our improved web portal.
- Ramsey County has created a Recovery Relief Dashboard that layers available resources by jurisdiction
- Find information about short-term loans and other available programs at Ramsey County Means Business
- The MN Chamber has issued a Blueprint for Economic Recovery
- EDA provides strategic investments on a competitive merit basis to support economic development, foster job creation, and attract private investment in economically distressed areas of the United States. Learn more about funding opportunities (PDF)
- Ramsey County Job Board: for job seekers and employers.
- MN Department of Health: Stay safe guidance for business owners and data on how many people have been vaccinated by county, age, gender, and more.
- NGOs affiliated with Ramsey can help walk business owners through the grant application process and answer any questions they may have.