- Parks & Recreation
- Recreation Scholarships
The purpose of the City of New Brighton’s Fun Fund is to provide access to the City’s recreation and leisure services to individuals and families who may need financial assistance.
- The scholarship program is open to any child who is interested in participating in New Brighton Parks & Rec Programs
- Individuals or families requesting financial assistance must provide documentation showing they qualify according to one of the following guidelines.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).
- Prior Years Tax information showing Gross Income Wage.
- Free or reduced lunch guidelines used by the School District.
Income Eligibility Guidelines
Use the following income chart to see if you qualify for the Scholarship Program:
Maximum Total Income Household size
|$ Per Year||$ Per Month||$ Twice Per Month||$ Per 2 Weeks|
$ Per Week
Add for each additional person
- Recipients will receive a scholarship equal to 50% of the activity fee.
- Each recipient can receive a maximum of $100 per individual annually or a maximum of $250 per family annually in scholarship funds.
- Program is based on calendar year - January 1 – December 31.
- All recreation and leisure services provided by the City of New Brighton are eligible except the following:
- Adult sports (ex: softball, volleyball, golf leagues/tournaments)
- Extended travel/trips (ex: Landmark Tours)
- Birthday parties
- Any activity with daily admission (ex: Youth Daily Admission, Drop in Karate)
- Facility rentals, i.e. pool, gym
- Forestry services
- Memberships to the NBCC/Brightwood Hills Golf Course (Group fitness classes are eligible)
- Private instructional programs (personal training, private swim lessons, private soccer lessons, private tennis lessons, etc.)
- Greens Fees (Golf)
- Individual Golf Lessons
- Others as determined by the Director of Parks & Recreation
Scholarship requests for special circumstances will be reviewed by the Director of Parks and Recreation. If approved, the individual or family will receive a scholarship equal to 50% of the activity fee. A scholarship for special circumstances will only be approved once during a calendar year.
Funding for the Fun Fund is provided by individual, community, and corporate donations. In the event that the Fun Fund is depleted, scholarships may not be available until additional donations are received.
We accept donations of all sizes! Every cent you donate goes directly to registration fees for New Brighton kids from low-income families. Email Lori Hokenson or call 651-638-2124 to set up your donations, or donate on our website.