Ice Skating Rinks
Ice Skating: The Great Minnesota Pastime
Due to warm temperatures, Ice Skating Rinks are closed for the season.
New Brighton is proud to offer our residents and visitors access to several communal ice skating rinks. Each park has a pleasure rink. Hansen, Freedom, and Sunny Square have a hockey rink.
Please Note: None of the skating rinks located in New Brighton offer ice skate rental.
- Monday through Friday
4:30 to 8:30 pm
- Saturday through Sunday
Noon to 8:30 pm
|Rink Name||Address||Lights||Warming House||Opening Date||Closing Date|
|Freedom Park||2121 14th Street NW||Yes||Yes||December 30, 2021||February 28, 2022|
|Hansen Park||1555 5th Street NW||Yes||Yes||December 31, 2021||February 28, 2022|
|Sunny Square Park||2200 Sunnyside Terrace||Yes||No||December 31, 2021||February 28, 2022|
|Totem Pole Park||1011 Foss Rd||Yes||No||December 31, 2021||February 28, 2022|
Rules for Safe Ice Skating
- No fast or careless skating
- No more than three persons allowed to hold hands while skating
- Jumps and spins allowed only at center rink or designated areas during public skate
- No one allowed on the ice during resurfacing
- No food or beverages allowed on Ice
- No horseplay or potentially unsafe games allowed on ice (i.e. tag or whip)
- Carrying children on the ice is prohibited
- Skaters must skate with the flow of traffic
- Sticks and pucks are allowed only during designated times
- User groups are responsible for cleanup, damages, and conduct of participants and spectators on and off the ice during private facility rentals
- Those participating in facility activities assume all inherent risk and responsibilities whether spectator or participant
- The City of New Brighton is not responsible for unattended, lost or stolen articles
- Inappropriate use of profanity, tobacco, alcohol, or sunflower seeds or may be asked to leave and be suspended from any activity at the facility for a period of time at the discretion of facility management
- Management is not responsible for lost or stolen articles
Questions? Use our online contact form or call us at 651-638-2130.