- Public Safety
- Police Division
- Cold Case Files
Cold Case Files
The NBDPS never forgets a victim of a violent crime and will continue to work to find those responsible for taking the life of another. The following cases are the current "cold case" files at the NBDPS.
We are asking anyone with any information on either of these cases to contact the New Brighton Department of Public Safety (NBDPS) via Facebook, by calling 651-288-4100, or submitting an anonymous tip.
On September 15, 2000, two people walking on a path in Long Lake Regional Park located the skeletal remains of an unidentified female whom we believe died of homicidal violence. The victim was estimated to have been at the location for 45 days to 6 months, although she could have been there longer.
If you have any information on this victim please contact the NBDPS by calling 651-288-4100, via email anonymously, or via Facebook.
- Estimated age: 35 to 45 years old
- Approximate Height and Weight: 5 foot 4 inches to 5 feet 6 inches/
- Distinguishing Characteristics: Brown or reddish-colored hair. She had a healed fracture to the right middle finger and osteoarthritis of the back. Eye color and skin complexion are not known.
- Dental: A dental examination suggests Native ancestry. It also revealed that the victim had significant dental work completed including root canals on three teeth, and all four wisdom teeth having been removed. She also had an upper left tooth missing that would have been visible when she smiled.
- Clothing: No clothing located
On the afternoon of Friday, January 29th, 2010 the body of longtime New Brighton resident and retired New Brighton Firefighter Lee Allen Goodwin was found by a family member deceased in his home in the 800 block of 2nd Street, NW.
Mr. Goodwin's wallet was recovered from a trash dumpster located behind 1431 Silver Lake Road, in New Brighton. The cash and credit cards were taken before the wallet was discarded in the trash dumpster. Other property was removed from Goodwin's residence which authorities hope can be located as it may provide clues to the suspect(s) in this case.
If you have any information related to this case please contact the NBDPS by calling 651-288-4100, anonymous email, or via Facebook (New Brighton Department of Public Safety).