The New Brighton Parks & Recreation aquatics program offers swimming lessons for all ages and abilities, exclusive pool rentals, lifeguard and instructor training, and so much more!
Swim Lessons at Highview Pool
Children Learning to SwimNew Brighton Parks and Recreation offers American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim Lessons at Highview Middle School Pool in New Brighton taught by certified and experienced instructors.
- Please read level descriptions closely to determine your child's level as well as to understand COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Makeup lessons are not available for missed lessons
- Parents and guardians must remain in the observation area during class
- Please wait on the bench until called by the instructor
- For questions on refunds, please see our policy
- Needing to repeat a level to practice skills in order to move up is common - be patient and keep practicing!
- If the pool is closed unexpectedly, you will be notified as soon as possible and an alternative will be provided.
Drop-in Pool Parties
New Brighton Parks and Recreation offers seasonal themed drop-in pool parties with games, music, prizes, and more. Check back soon or visit our Facebook Page to see our upcoming events.
Safety Training & Certification Classes
New Brighton Parks and Recreation offers training and certification classes through the American Red Cross. Classes are held at Highview Middle School pool and the New Brighton Community Center.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard Training (ages 15 and up) provides certification for those who would like to be employed as a lifeguard.
- The New Brighton Instructor Aid Program (ages 12 and up) is an awesome opportunity for those who would like to learn to work with kids, build leadership skills, and gain early employment experience.
- American Red Cross CPR/FA/AED training is available for those who would like to learn life-saving and first aid skills or need to get certified to meet an employment requirement.
Love kids and being around water? Check out New Brighton's aquatic job openings for great pay, flexible hours, and ongoing training.
Scout Swim Testing
We offer scout swim testing for boys and girls who need to be tested by an aquatics professional before going to camp. Please email Kelly Distad or call 651-638-2123 to set up a date and time.