City of New Brighton Passport Office is an official acceptance facility approved by the U.S. Department of State and open to the public.
Appointments are recommended, but we do accept walk-ins upon availability. Schedule your appointment HERE. Those who simply need a photo such as for a DS-82 Passport Renewal are welcome to walk in. There are special requirements for minor applicants age 15 and younger.
- Routine processing takes 7 to 10 weeks.
- Expedited processing takes 3 to 5 weeks (additional $60)
- Processing times begin the day the State Department receives your application, not the day you mail your application or apply for a passport at a local acceptance facility.
- For faster service, you can pay for 1-2 day delivery of your application there and/or pay for 1-2 day delivery of your new passport book.
A passport is a document, issued by the federal government, which certifies the identity and nationality of the passport holder. Both passport book and card are REAL ID compliant and can be used for domestic air travel.
- Passport Book: can be used for all international and domestic air, land, and sea travel.
- Passport Card: can be used for domestic air travel, and international travel by land or sea to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports of entry. The Passport card cannot be used for international air travel.
- First Time Applications
- Renewal Applications (For applicants not eligible for renewal by mail)
- Replacement of Damaged, Lost or Stolen Passports
- Passport Photos: Printed and digital photos available!
Passport photos must meet U.S. Department of State requirements and can be taken at the New Brighton Passport Office. We offer printed and digital passport photos.
No appointment is required for photo-only requests.
- ID Cards @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Immigration documents
- International Driver's Licenses
- Press releases @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Security Badges
- Visas @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
For the status of your passport application, response to a letter or email, or other passport questions visit Travel State website or contact the National Passport Information Center at 877-487-2778 or TDD/TTY at 888-874-7793.