Welcome to the New Brighton License Bureau
We now offer Class D Knowledge Exams by appointment only! Please visit our exam page for information and appointments!
All other services are walk-in only, no appointment needed.
REAL DLs/IDs Deadline Extended
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has extended the deadline to obtain a REAL ID, the federally mandated identification needed for passengers to board aircraft, to May 7, 2025 due to circumstances resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. Visit the Department of Homeland Security website for additional information.
- Driver’s license and State ID renewals or replacements, change of address and/or name
- Upgrade to REAL ID or Enhanced with proper documentation
- New-To-State license or State ID with proper documentation and exams completed
- CDL medical card updates
Save time! Pre-apply for your license or ID!
Please note that we are NOT an exam station other than Class D Knowledge Exams.
Find other exam information HERE.
Motor Vehicle Services:
- Tab renewals
- Title transfers
- New-To-State Registrations
- Duplicate Title
- Special Plates
- Replace lost or stolen plates or stickers
- Lien releases
- Disability hangtags/plates
DNR / Game & Fish Services:
- Boat, ATV, and Snowmobile new registrations, transfers, and sticker renewals
- Hunting and Fishing licenses
Notary services also available.
Forms of Payment accepted:
- Check (local with valid ID)
- Credit and Debit Cards include 2.49% processing fee
- Touchless pay also accepted with 2.49% processing fee
Stop in or use our Quick Lane: Tab, DNR and Game and Fish Renewal Options.