Do you want to make an impact on your community? Are you an adult or high school student who lives in New Brighton and wants to have your voice heard? Are you interested in gaining civic leadership experience as you build your resume? Are you interested in having an opportunity to work with local government to make your city a better place? Are you interested in working with other like-minded individuals to advise and make recommendations to the City Council?
Apply to serve as a volunteer Commissioner on one of our Advisory Commissions:
- Does business or economics interest you? Apply for our Economic Development Commission.
- Are you interested in parks, trails, sports, and recreational opportunities? Apply for our Parks, Recreation, and Environmental Commission.
- Are you interested in zoning, land use, and urban planning? Apply for our Planning Commission.
- Are you interested in maintaining a safe community and the goals, policies, and operations of public safety functions? Apply for our Public Safety Commission.
- Are you interested in diversity, equity, and inclusion? Apply for our Equity Commission.
- Interested in more than one of these? Let us know. We'll help find your best fit!
Deadline to apply: 4:30pm on February 14, 2023
Apply online here!
You can also print, complete and return your completed application to New Brighton City Hall at 803 Old Hwy 8 NW.
- Print the 2023 Commission Application English Language (PDF).
- Print the 2023 Commission Application Spanish Language (PDF).
Please contact the City Clerk's office at 651-638-2100 with any questions you may have. The time commitment is approximately 3 to 4 hours per month.