This Commission advises the Council on matters concerning diversity, equity, and inclusion and will focus on city policy conversations and governance decisions with equity in mind.
Equity is defined as freedom from systemic bias or favoritism. Parity across differences. Product and service access, opportunity, quality, and outcomes that do not vary by race, ethnicity, language, age, gender, or other meaningful differences.
This commission meets on the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm at City Hall. All Equity Commission meetings are open to the public and are streamed live on the City website. Meeting materials and video recordings of meetings are available for download free of charge. Information about the City's diversity, equity, and inclusion journey can be found on the Diversity Equity and Inclusion page.
The following members serve on the Equity Commission:
- Chair Lindsay Spooner (term ends March 31, 2025)
- Vice-Chair Kami Miller (term ends March 31, 2024)
- Kisten Thompson (term ends March 31, 2025)
- Jonas Lim (term ends March 31, 2024)
- Kristin Lau (term ends March 31, 2024)
- Carlos Herrera (term ends March 31, 2026)
- Ellen Weber (term ends March 31, 2026)
- Jason Steffenhagen (term ends March 31, 2026)
- Cathy Forbes (term ends March 31, 2025)
- Liliana Triviski (term ends March 31, 2024)
Annual Work Plan
The Commission’s Annual Work Plan identifies anticipated meeting topics for the upcoming Commission year, which runs April 1 through March 30. The Work Plans are used to ensure the City Council, Commissioner, and staff interests are aligned so we can collectively meet the City’s goals for the year.