Aquatics Close to Home
The New Brighton Parks & Recreation aquatics program offers lessons for all ages and abilities, open & lap swim, special interests & events like water aerobics, Water Safety Instructor Training (WSI), Lifeguard Training (LGT), Employment Preparation – Water Safety Instructor Aide/Lifeguard Preparation Training (IA) and more. In addition you can rent exclusive pool time adding water toys and activities to make your pool party a splash!
Please note that Edgewood Middle School pool will be used for summer swim lessons, open/lap swim, and water aerobics June-August. Edgewood Middle School is located at 5100 Edgewood Drive, Mounds View, MN 55112.
2300 7th Street NW Silver Lake Rd.
New Brighton, MN 55112
Edgewood Pool (June-August: lessons, open/lap swim, aerobics)
5100 Edgewood Drive
Mounds View, MN 55112
Aquatics Director, Patrice Holter
New Brighton Parks and Recreation offers American Red Cross Certified Swim Lessons and Aquatic Training in cooperation with Mounds View School District permitting at Highview Middle School Pool. Our highly certified swim instructors and progressive swim format provide a supreme learning experience for swimmers. Get started today with one of the most important safety and healthy lifestyle skills.
Please Read Before Swim Lesson Registration
- Please read class descriptions carefully to properly place your child in the appropriate level.
- Please remove street shoes before entering the pool area.
- Participants 5 years or older must use the appropriate gender locker room.
- Participants may enter the pool area and be seated on the bench until called by the instructor.
- Parents and visitors must remain in the observation area during class.
- Please use the restrooms before class.
- All swimmers must fully shower before class and after class.
- Make-ups or special arrangements are not provided for missed lessons.
- If the pool is closed unexpectedly, you will be notified as soon as possible and alternatives will be provided.
- Refunds or transfers will not be honored on cancellations made outside our policy guidelines. Please refer to our refund policy.
Let us know how we are doing!
Your satisfaction is important to us. Your feedback will help us improve our lessons and is greatly appreciated. Click here for an online survey that will take approximately 2 minutes.
New Brighton Parks & Recreation Brochure
New Brighton Parks and Recreation is dedicated to delivering parks and recreation services that improve the quality of life in New Brighton. We welcome residents and non-residents to participate in our year-round recreation programs which include classes, trips, team sports, and sports instruction for youth, adults, and families. Check out our latest brochure to see current program offerings!